No prior experience needed
- Average: 6 miles/day
- Lunch: 30-40 minutes
- Breaks: Typically one 5-10 minute break per hour. More often if necessary.
- Hiking Time: 5-6 hours per day
- Terrain: Gentle, no more than 500'-1000' elevation gain per day.
- Camp: Arrive around 3pm.
TVOP Advanced backpacking trips are physically and emotionally challenging. They are designed to push you. In order to ensure participant and group safety, all participants must have previous backpacking experience and have demonstrated ability to handle long days on the trail. If this does not sound like you, please check out our classic trips.
- Average: 10 miles/day
- Lunch:15-20 minutes
- Breaks: Typically one 10 minute break every 2 hours. More often on difficult terrain.
- Hiking Time: 8 hours
- Terrain: Varied, rough terrain, could include 2000'-5000' elevation gain.
- Camp: Arrive around 4-5pm.