Many folks run fantastic outdoor education organizations, school orientation trips, camps, and adventure experiences. The Venture Out Project offers educational programs and services to those looking to make their existing programming more inclusive and affirming of trans and gender non-conforming (GNC) people.
Our educational programs provide you with the knowledge, awareness, and skills to create trans-inclusive and affirming communities. We work with colleges (especially trip leaders), middle and high schools, camps, and other youth-serving organizations to increase their capacities to serve the trans community. Our workshops cover a range of topics from vocabulary, to creating trans-inclusive policies and forms, to navigating single-sex spaces, and what it means to be trans-inclusive and affirming in your daily interactions.
Overview of Educational Programs
- Trans Inclusion101 (half day)
- Beyond Bathrooms: Creating a Trans Affirmative Community (full day)
- Train-the-Trainer Programs
- Assemblies and keynotes
- Custom workshops and consulting
Lead by Meg Bolger (Director of Education) and Perry Cohen (founder of Venture Out Project). Perry brings his years of experience as a consultant, executive coach and leadership & talent executive to Meg’s experience as a social justice facilitator and educator.
In addition to our open-enrollment trainings, we offer trainings on-site for groups looking to increase their knowledge, awareness, and skills regarding trans inclusion.
Beyond Bathrooms: Creating a Trans Affirmative Community (Full-day)
This day-long workshop will bring groups from a foundation understanding of transgender issues and identity to assessing and creating plans for building more trans affirming communities. Participants will....
- Practice and deepen their knowledge of (trans)gender related vocabulary.
- Examine where in their organization trans people may experience tension or pushback and create trans-inclusive and affirming strategies for their organization.
- Expand their knowledge of pronouns and gendered language.
- Work through scenarios related to their role and position in their community.
Trans Inclusion 101 (Half-day)
Perfect for groups with a range of knowledge levels. This foundational workshop will help everyone:
- Get familiar with (trans)gender and gender non-conforming related vocabulary.
- Understand the importance of pronouns and gendered language.
- Identify ways they can be supportive and inclusive of trans people in their community.
- Become aware of their gaps in knowledge around trans issues and create a desire to continue learning how to affirm members of the trans community.
For any additional details on our education offerings, client testimonials, rates and availability, please contact us at email@example.com.
Our clients include
Colby College | Middlebury College | Bowdoin College | Mt. Holyoke College | Antioch University New England | Darrow School | Deerfield Academy | School Year Abroad | OUT Metrowest | Next Adventure Outdoor Retailer | Wilderness Medical Associates | High 5 Adventures