Thursday, November 2, 2017
Program Spotlight: Beyond Bathrooms
Beyond Bathrooms is a day-long workshop facilitated by Meg Bolger and Perry Cohen designed to help folks begin, continue, and deepen the good work of affirming trans and gender non-conforming youth. Learn more here!
IN THIS FULL-DAY SESSION YOU WILL:
- Learn foundational concepts around gender identity including vocabulary and pronouns.
- Become more aware of the taken for granted assumptions that can marginalize trans and gnc students and staff.
- Work through common scenarios around issues of gender identity.
- Have a chance to talk with Perry, Meg and other workshop participants about specific challenges and questions you have within your own organization.
- Engage in dialogue and problem solving that provides an opportunity to share experiences with others in the field.
No prior experience necessary. Come learn with us!
Saturday, November 4 2017
Queer Backcountry Navigation Workshop
How to use a map & compass, read maps and follow trails, and how to stay found while traveling in the backcountry. Learn all of these great skills in a relaxed, comfortable setting, taught by queer instructor.
Mount Holoyke Outing Club Cabin, Skinner State Park
Outside parking gate at Skinner State Park in Hadley, MA
$40 - includes a compass to keep, and snacks.
Please bring your lunch and dress for the weather!