Classic vs. Experienced
To ensure you have the best trip possible, please review the two trip levels we offer and plan your wilderness in accordance with these levels. If you have specific question or concerns about a trip we offer, please contact us.
No prior experience needed
- Average: 6 miles/day
- Lunch: 30-40 minutes
- Breaks: Typically one 5-10 minute break per hour. More often if necessary.
- Hiking Time: 5-6 hours per day
- Terrain: Gentle, no more than 500'-1000' elevation gain per day.
- Camp: Arrive around 3pm.
TVOP Advanced backpacking trips are physically and emotionally challenging. They are designed to push you. In order to ensure participant and group safety, all participants must have previous backpacking experience and have demonstrated ability to handle long days on the trail. If this does not sound like you, please check out our classic trips.
- Average: 10 miles/day
- Lunch:15-20 minutes
- Breaks: Typically one 10 minute break every 2 hours. More often on difficult terrain.
- Hiking Time: 8 hours
- Terrain: Varied, rough terrain, could include 2000'-5000' elevation gain.
- Camp: Arrive around 4-5pm.
Custom trips allow you to tailor the experience to fit your group. The staff at The Venture Out Project will work with you to develop the right experience for your school/team/group/family/GSA/club. You may be looking for a way to develop cohesion within your organization, you may want people to learn specific skills, or you may just be looking to bring a group of friends into the woods to have a good time out in nature. Whatever the intent, The Venture Out Project can help you design the trip of your dreams and we'll take care of all of the logistics and safety issues so all you have to do is enjoy your adventure .
Examples of a custom trip:
- 7-day school backpacking trip on the Appalachian Trail
- Backcountry skiing in the Rockies
- 3 Day backpacking trip to the White Mountains
- Mountain biking in Moab or the Tsali trails in North Carolina
- Teambuilding workshop on a high ropes course in Vermont
Contact us to start planning your custom trip: firstname.lastname@example.org